Scholarships and Financial Aid
Postmark Deadline April 15
The camp is pleased to offer highly talented students Artistic Merit Scholarships. The amount of the scholarships ranges from $75 - $200. The events listed below must have taken place during the current school year. If you win a competition that occurred after our deadline, it may still be possible for you to receive a scholarship from the Camp. A camper may only apply for one Merit Scholarship. (scholarship awards cannot be combined.)
Note: You must first register for the camp and send in your deposit before applying for a scholarship.
1. Send verification of your award. It could be a copy of your acceptance letter or a copy of the program with your name circled. The document you send must include the date of the event. Make sure that the camper's name is clearly visible. Email this to the camp: email@example.com and put in the subject line Camp Merit Award.
2. When the camp receives your verification letter and posts your scholarship to your camp account, you will receive a confirmation email. This may take up to 2 weeks after the camp receives your verification document.
Note: The awards listed below apply to campers attending Sessions A and B.
1. FMEA (Florida Music Education's Association) All-State winners or equivalent event in your home state. $200.
2. Federation of Music Clubs State Convention winners. $200.
3. Miami-Dade County Superintendent Honors Festival or any similar All-County Honors Band, Orchestra, or Choral Festival in your home state. $75.
4. State Solo Music Performance Assessment (MPA) - superior rating or equivalent event in your home state. (note: this award does not apply to District Solos and Ensembles events) $150.
5. Other Artistic Merit Scholarships: If you have won an artistic award that is on a State Level and is not listed above, you can send the camp a full description of the competition and the committee will accept it for review: $ amount varies.
Postmark Deadline April 15
If you cannot attend the Frost Young Musicians' Camp without additional financial aid, follow the steps listed below:
1. Register for the camp.
3. Prepare an audition demo of your best playing (no longer than 5 minutes). This could be done on your phone. It does not need to be professional.
4. Email BOTH the Financial Aid Application AND your demo to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Put "Camp Financial Aid" in the subject line.
5. A limited number of partial scholarships are available for outstanding students based on TALENT and NEED. The DEADLINE for submitting Need- Based Scholarship Applications is APRIL 15. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Financial aid is offered ONLY to campers who have applied, auditioned and been accepted into the following ensembles. (A description of the Honors Ensembles is found on the DAILY SCHEDULE of each program listed below. Scroll down to the end of the camp day under Optional Classes.)
Financial aid is available in the following programs:
- Intermediate Honors Classical Music Program
- Intermediate Honors Jazz Program
- Intermediate Honors Rock Program
- Advanced Honors Classical Music Program
- Advanced Honors Jazz Program
- Advanced Honors Rock Program
To apply, complete the following steps:
- Register for the camp online.
- Download and complete the Financial Aid Application (attached below).
- Prepare your audition. Contact the camp for details on what to send us.
- Email both the application and your audition demo to: email@example.com In the subject line put: Financial Aid audition.
- Decisions will be emailed to all applicants on May 1st.
PLEASE NOTE: THE MAXIMUM FINANCIAL AID AWARD IS NO MORE THAN 50% of THE CAMP TUITION. The maximum total family income cannot exceed $50,000 to apply for financial aid. International students may apply for an Artistic Merit Scholarship, but not for Need-Based Financial Aid.
In the event that a family cannot afford to pay 50% of the tuition, please send a detailed letter of explanation and your application will be placed on a waiting list. Decisions for campers on the waiting list will be emailed no later than May 30.
Please follow the above requirements carefully as the Scholarship Committee will not accept any incomplete applications.